Arroz con pollo
- 2 cups basmati rice (can substitute 1 cup wild rice for 1 cup basmati rice)
- 6 stalks celery coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 can of black olives coarsely chopped
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken boned and shredded
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 8oz jars la Victoria salsa verde
- 3 tblsp light olive oil
- Salt to taste
Heat 2 tablespoons of light olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat
Add rice and stir until brown (3 -5 minutes)
Add celery, and continue to stir for one more minute.
Now clear center of pan and add remaining oil and garlic, saute garlic in oil for about 20 seconds and then combine with rice mixture. Immediately add 3 cups chicken stock and stir ensuring all rice is submerged. Add olives and chicken, stir to combine. Add prince of salt (1/2 to 1 teaspoon - to taste) Bring to a boil then reduce heat to lowest setting, cover for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and uncover. Let stand 5 minutes.
Fluff rice with cooking spoon and serve.