Dora Marzovilla’s Pasta with Pancetta and Peas
- 1 lb. uncooked fettuccine or pappardelle pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 (4-oz.) pkg. diced pancetta
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. frozen green peas, partially thawed
- 2 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Reserve ½ cup cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Add onion and pancetta; cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in peas, salt and 3 tablespoons of the parsley. Cook, stirring occasionally, until peas are tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Add drained pasta to pea mixture; toss to combine. Stir in the reserved cooking water if pasta seems dry. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley. Serve hot.