Cornbread Panzanella with Squash
From Southern Living July 2017
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups yellow squash, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 medium squash)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 15 oz store-bought cornbread, cube and toasted (do not use sweet cornbread)
- 1 cup diced zucchini (from 1 zucchini)
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, torn
- 1/2 cup Honey Vinaigrette
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium. Add yellow squash, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Toss together cornbread, zucchini, and mozzarella in a large bowl. Add cooked yellow squash, and drizzle with Honey Vinaigrette. Toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.