German Schnitzel & Potatoes with Gorgonzola Creamy Cheese
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 lb.)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4" slices
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- lemon wedges
Cut tenderloin into 12 slices. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/4 inch thickness. Place 4 slices in a 3 or 4 quart slow cooker. Layer with 1/4 cup bread crumbs and a third of the potatoes.Repeat layers twice; top with remaining bread crumbs.
Combine Gorgonzolo cheese and salt. Pour over pork mixture; cook on low, covered, until meat and potatoes are tender, 4-5 hours. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
NOTE: I do not have a slow cooker so I assembled the ingredients in a baking dish following the same directions and baked it at 325 for about an hour. Worked terrific.