Oysters On The Half Shell With Pernod Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons Pernod or pastis liqueur
- 4 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Crushed ice as needed
- 24 fresh oysters top shells removed
Combine first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.)
Cover platter with crushed ice. Top with oysters. Place dipping sauce in center of platter. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 8 servings.