- 1 1/2 pounds cooked, skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 tsp ground sage
- 1/8 tsp powdered rosemary
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp plus 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 oz) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 (6 oz) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put chicken ino a large bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup broth, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, 1 tbsp melted butter and salt. Add cream cheese; mix well.
Unroll crescent roll dough; divide into triangles. Place a 1 1/2 inch ball of the chicken mixture in the center of each triangle. Close the dough around the chicken, sealing on all sides. You will have extra chicken mixture; set aside.
Dip each dough bundle in the remaining melted butter, then roll in the stuffing mix. You should have some butter and about 1 1/2 cups stuffing remaining. Bake dough bundles on an ungreased cookie sheet for 26 minutes or until dough is lightly browned, turning after 13 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine condensed soup, any remaining melted butter, 1 1/2 cups stuffing mix, remaining 1 cup of chicken broth and the extra chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Serve as a sauce over the chicken bundles.