Baby Shortbread Bites
Baby shortbread bites with mini chocolate chips and toffee bits studded throughout!
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup mini choc chips
- 3/4 cup heath toffee bits
- 1 tbsp vegetable shortening, optional
- 1 cup mini choc chips, optional
Adapted from keyingredient.com
* Preheat the oven to 350°.
* Cream together the butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
* Stir in the vanilla.
* Mix in the flour until combined, then stir in (or add with the mixer on the slowest speed) 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the Heath chips.
* Shape spoonfuls of dough into small balls, about one inch wide.
* Place two inches apart on a cookie sheet that has either been sprayed with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
* Press down lightly to give each cookie a slightly flat surface to rest on.
* Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until fairly firm to the touch.
* Let the cookies cool completely before removing from the pan, as shortbread is very brittle.
*** OPTIONAL: Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler, stirring frequently until smooth.
* Dip one end of each cookie into the chocolate, then place on waxed paper or parchment paper until set.
* Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Yield: About 4 dozen