Elvis Gooey Butter Cake (Paula Deen)
- 1 (18 1/4 ox) package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 8 T. (1 stick) butter, melted
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- 1 (8 ox) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 whole banana
- 8 T. (1 stick) butter
- 1 (16 ox0 box powdered sugar
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter together and mix well. Pat into a lightly greased glass 13 x 9 baking pan. Prepare the filling.
Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla. Add the peanut butter; beat. Add the banana and butter and mix well. Spread over thecake mixture. Bake for 45-50 minutes. You want the center to be a little gooey, so do not over bake. Top each cake slice with a mint leaf and a dollop of whipped topping/cream.