Buffalo Style Meatballs
10 servings (2 meatballs each).
- 1 egg white
- 3 T spicy Buffalo sauce (like Frank's or hot chili sauce)
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 t granulated garlic
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 c blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 c whole wheat panko bread crumbs (or plain breadcrumbs)
- Oil mister or nonstick cooking spray
- Basting Sauce
- 1 T melted butter
- 3 T spicy Buffalo sauce
- Extra sauce for dunking, if desired
Preheat oven to 375 & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In LG bowl use a fork to mix together egg white, Buffalo sauce, paprika, garlic, salt & pepper until blended. Add the beef & mix well with your hands. Then mix in blue cheese & breadcrumbs. Let sit for 5 min.
If mixture is too wet to form into balls, add in another T or two of bread crumbs. Form meat into golf sized balls & place on lined baking sheet. (Or use a mini muffin pan sprayed with nonstick spray.). Spray meatballs
Ightly with oil from mister or nonstick spray. Bake 15 min & then remove from oven.
Mix together the melted butter & Buffalo sauce in sm bowl. Turn the meatballs & brush with the basting sauce. Return to the oven until cooked through, about 5 min more. If desired, toss the meatballs in extra sauce in LG bowl. (Optional but tasty & messy.)