Old-Fashioned Spaghetti And Meatballs
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 slices white bread torn small pieces
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce (see recipe)
- 8 ounces spaghetti freshly cooked
- Additional grated Parmesan
Combine first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch-diameter meatballs. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs in batches (do not crowd) and cook until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, warm Marinara Sauce in heavy small saucepan over low heat. Pour sauce over spaghetti. Top with meatballs. Serve immediately, passing additional Parmesan separately.
This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.