Buttercream, no melt, crusting
For frosting cakes that may be exposed to hot, humid weather for long periods of time. The finished frosting tastes really good
For a 2 lb. batch of vanilla buttercream which can be multiplied easily…
- 2 2 2 sticks (226 grams) room temperature unsalted butter
- 12 12 12 oz. (340 grams) unflavored vegetable shortening
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 2 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 2 2 tbsp. milk or cream
- 2 2 907 lbs. (32oz., 907 grams) powdered confectioner's sugar
Cooking time 20mins
Beat together butter and shortening until pale and glossy.
Add salt and vanilla and mix in.
Add in powdered sugar a little at a time on low speed, beating on a higher speed between each addition to fully incorporate.
Add milk and mix on low, then beat on high until frosting is pale and fluffy.
Store covered in the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature again before using.