- 3/4 cup all purpose flour, NOT sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (158g) brown sugar (I use raw brown sugar, cane sugar or coconut sugar)
- 3/4 cup (150g) melted coconut oil, olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (28g) water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (unmelted)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda until combined. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sugar and oil and mix until combined for about 2 minutes. Add the water and the vanilla extract. Add to the dry mixture to the wet mixture and melted chocolate chips and stir for about 3 minutes until combined.
Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
Pour into a greased, parchment lined, or a greased foil-lined 8x8 square pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
When finished, remove from oven and allow to cool completely in pan on a wire rack. The pan should be completely cool. It can take up to an hour and a half to cool completely.