Rachel ray spicy Asian chicken soup
- 1 12 ounce chicken breast, skin discarded
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 5 ounces rice noodles, such as maifun
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken, broth and 2 cups water to a simmer. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 30 minutes. Remove the chicken; let cool. Shred the meat; reserve. Return the bones to the broth, bring to a boil and reduce by about one-third.
Strain the broth. Whisk the curry paste into the broth and return to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add the noodles and bell pepper and cook until the noodles are just tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken.
Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the scallions and cilantro leaves. Serve with the lime wedges.