Italian Wedding Soup
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb frozen fully cooked meatballs
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cup medium to small pasta of choice
- 1-5 oz package baby spinach (or 1/2 box frozen chopped)
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- Red pepper flakes to taste
Heat 1 tsp oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery and onions and cook until softened, 4 minutes. Add remaining 1 tsp oil to pan and increase heat to medium- high. Add meatballs and cook until golden about 4 minutes.
Add broth and 2 cups water and bring to boil. Stir in pasta and cook, stirring occasionally until just tender, 6-7 minutes. Gradually stir in spinach and cook until just wilted about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese until just combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add remaining cheese and red pepper flakes to each bowl.