Ancho and Morita Salsa
- 2 Morita chiles, destalked, deveined, deseeded and roasted
- 1 Ancho chile, destalked, deveined, deseeded and roasted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 17 oz tomatillos, dehusked and roasted well
1. In a saucepan, heat 2 cups of water over medium heat and bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Soak the chiles in the water for 15 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
2. Grind the garlic and salt until the mixture is coarsely pureed. Add the chiles that have been soaked and softened and the roasted tomatillos and mix until very roughly pureed. Add 2 spoonfuls of water, mix and add salt to taste. Set aside.