Jalapeno Popper Dip W/Bread Ring
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Hot Sausage Roll
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 4(oz.)can diced green chilies
- 4 jalapeños, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 2-3 T. oil or butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2.Cook sausage in large cast-iron or oven- proof skillet over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Set aside.
3.Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeños, parmesan, diced green chilies and garlic in a large bowl; mixing until well blended. Stir in cooked sausage; mix lightly.
4.Unroll pizza dough & cut into pieces to make 1" to 1-1/2" balls. Brush with oil or butter mixed with remaining garlic. Place balls around the edge of a cast-iron or oven-proof skillet sprayed with Pam, forming a ring. Sprinkle with salt. Let rise 15-20 minutes.
5.Spoon dip in the center of the bread ring in the skillet. (It will be a big mound but will settle while baking!) Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and dip is hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with green onions, before serving.
about 16 servings