Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 4 cups chopped cabbage (approx. 1/4 head of cabbage)
- 1 cup green beans (1" pieces)
- 2 whole bell peppers, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) low sodium diced tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon each thyme & basil
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
1. In a large pot cook onion & garlic over medium heat until slightly softened.
2. Add carrots, cabbage & green beans and cook an additional 5 minutes.
3. Stir in bell peppers, undrained tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, bay leaves and seasonings. Simmer 6-7 minutes.
4. Add in zucchini & broccoli. Simmer an additional 5 minutes or until softened.
5. Remove bay leaves before serving.