More work than bisquick, but worth it...
Can also be used for pancakes.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup melted/cooled butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups milk
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt & sugar.
2. Beat 4 egg whites on high speed until stiff, but still moist (about 1 minute).
3. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 1 minute. Add milk to egg yolks.
4. Add dry ingredients to yolk mixture. Beat on medium until well blended. Fold in egg whites.
5. Pour in waffle maker and cook!