Chile Relleno Breakfast Casserole
- 2 - 14.5 oz. cans whole mild green chiles or fresh green chiles roasted and skinned
- 1 lb. Monterey Jack cheese - whole cut into finger-sized long strips
- 1 lb. Cheddar colby cheese, shredded
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. powdered dry mustard
- Cooking Spray
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a large rectangular glass baking dish (9 X 13) with cooking spray.
2. Open and drain each can of chiles. Stuff each chili with finger-sized pieces of Monterey Jack cheese and arrange in the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Sprinkle 1 1/2 Cups of shredded cheddar colby jack over the chiles.
4. In a separate medium sized bowl combine eggs through mustard and whisk until most of the clumps are gone (some may remain).
5. Pour egg mixture over chiles.
6. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Add remaining cheese to the top of the casserole and return to 350 degree oven for an additional 5 minutes or until firm.
7. Remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.