Fried Chicken-Triple Dipped
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbs garlic salt
- 1 tbs ground black pepper
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups beer or water
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
1. In one medium bowl, mix 3 cups of flour, garlic salt, 1 tbs black pepper, paprika and poultry seasoning. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, egg yolks and beer. You may need to thin with additional beer if the batter is too thick.
2. Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees. Moisten each piece of chicken with a little water, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the we mix, then dip in dry mix once more.
3. Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil. Fry for 15 to 18 minutes, or until well browned. Smaller pieces will not take as long. Large pieces may take longer. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving.