Strawberries With Cassis
- 6 baskets strawberries - (1 pint ea) hulled, halved, or quartered, depending on size of berries
- 1 1/4 cups creme de cassis liqueur
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups chilled whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour, stirring occasionally. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Refrigerate.)
Whip cream and powdered sugar in large bowl until stiff peaks form. Spoon 2/3 cup berries and some juices into each of 20 balloon glasses. Top each with spoonful of whipped cream and serve.
This recipe yields 20 servings.