Italian-Mexican Magic Casserole
- 12 oz. Hodgkin’s Mill uncooked spaghetti
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pkg. Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 can of Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 tsp. ground Cumin
- 1 can Hunts Fire Roasted Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can Hunts tomato sauce
- 2 cups of Kraft shredded Mexican cheese
- 8 oz. of Kraft Velveeta Cheese cut in 1/2 inch cubes
Adapted from reciperoost.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook spaghetti to al dente according to package instructions.
In 5-quart Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, water, chiles and cumin; mix until well blended. Cook for a couple of minutes or until slightly thickened. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese and the spaghetti; stir well to blend. Pour mixture into prepared dish. Scatter cheese cubes throughout casserole, pushing them gently into pasta mixture. Top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.