Quick Nicoise Salad
Servings: 4 Servings
Like the classic French Salad Nicoise. Cooking the potato and beans together helps build it fast.
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 2 large), cubed
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs, sliced
- 3 pouches (2-1/2 ounces each) light tuna in water
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until tender, adding green beans during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain potatoes and beans; immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry. 2. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing, lemon peel and pepper. Divide romaine among four plates; arrange potatoes, green beans, eggs, tuna and tomatoes over romaine. Serve with dressing mixture. Makes 4 servings.