Rice Krispies Treats Santas
Cute little Santa bars
- 8 Rice Krispies Treats
- 12 oz. package of white chocolate or vanilla candy melts or almond bark
- 1/2 cup red sprinkles
- 8 miniature marshmallows
- 8 red M&M’S Chocolate Candies
- 16 candy eyes
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Adapted from ricekrispies.com
1. Unwrap the Rice Krispies Treats Original bars. Place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Melt white chocolate candy melts (or vanilla candy melts or almond bark) according to package directions. Once melted, allow to cool until it’s a consistency of thick honey.
3. Dip the bottom 1/3 of a Rice Krispies Treats Original bar into the melted white chocolate. Allow excess to drip off for a bit.
4. Working over a bowl or plate, sprinkle shredded coconut over the just dipped white chocolate. Gently place the bar onto a prepared baking sheet.
5. Repeat steps 1–4 with the remaining Rice Krispies Treats Original bars.
6. Once white chocolate has set (you can handle it without smudging), it's time to finish your Treats. If necessary, reheat white chocolate candy melts according to package directions. Dip the top 1/3 of your bearded Rice Krispies Treats Original bar into the melted white chocolate. Allow excess to drip off.
7. Over another bowl or plate, carefully sprinkle red sprinkles onto the just dipped white chocolate, making sure to leave some of the white chocolate visible to form the fur on the hat.
8. Place a miniature marshmallow on the top right side of your square, pressing gently to secure it in the white chocolate.
9. Dip a toothpick into the melted white chocolate and place a dab of white chocolate on the back of a candy eye. Place the candy on the Treat, just below the fur of the hat. Place the second eye using another dot of melted chocolate.
10. Using another dot of melted white chocolate, place a red M&M’S Chocolate Candy for the nose.
11. Repeat steps 6–10 for the remaining bars.
12. Allow Treats to dry for at least an hour before serving.