Amaretto Cake with cinnamon swirl
- 1 c sliced alonds
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 3 TBS almond paste
- 1 pkg white cake mix
- 1 4 serving size pkg white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c cooking oil
- 1/2 c amaretto or 1/2 c water plus 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 c water
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 TBS butter
1. Preheat oven to 350'. Generously grease 10" bundt pan. In food processor combine almonds and cinnamon. Cover; process until nuts are finely chopped. Coat bottom and sides of pan with half the mixture. Add almond paste to remaining mixture in processor. Process until combined.
2.In large mixing bowl combine cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, eggs, 1/2 c water, oil and amaretto. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl as needed. Spoon half the batter in pan. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon almond paste mixture over batter. Spoon remaining batter on cinnamon mixture.
3. Bake about 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Place on rack over waxed paper. Using wooden skewer, poke several holes in cake. Prepare Glaze; spoon over cake.
4. GLAZE: In small saucepan combine, water, sugar and butter. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.