Homemade chili based on grandad's recipe.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 1 lg can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel original
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 small cans hot chili beans
- 4-6 jalapeño slices, pickled
- 3/4 small jar Mexine chili powder
- 1 1/2 cans of water (tomato paste can)
1. Brown the ground chuck in a large pot with a lid until done with salt and pepper.
2. Add onions and cover with lid. Cook on medium heat until translucent.
3. Stir in tomato paste.
4. Add diced tomatoes, Jalapeño, Rotel, and chili beans and water. Stir well.
5. Add chili powder and salt to taste. Stir well.
6. Simmer on med-low until done - at least 1 hour.