Chocolate Duet Cookies
Copycat recipe for Chocolate Duet cookies at Panera Bread
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (for less sweetness use less white chocolate and more semi-sweet chocolate)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts nuts
Adapted from panerabreadathome.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350°F
Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, then beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop level tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets and bake in batches in middle of oven until puffed and set, about 10-15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool. Makes about 30 cookies.