Spicy Chicken With Yogurt And Dill
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut crosswise
- into 1"-wide strips
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded red jalapeño chilies
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
Place chicken in medium bowl; sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Stir in plain yogurt. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Heat vegetable oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, chilies, ginger and cumin; sauté until shallots are tender, about 2 minutes.
Add chicken with yogurt and sauté until chicken begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Uncover skillet. Stir in dill. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.