Recipe is for the turkey and marinade.
- Turkey Ingredients:
- 1 15-20lb Whole Turkey
- 1 medium Yellow Onion rough chopped
- 3 stalks Celery rough chopped
- 3 Carrots rough chopped
- 2 Jalapenos rough chopped
- 1 fresh Orange rouch chopped
- 1 cup fresh Pineapple rough chopped
- 4 cups Chicken Broth (about a quart)
- Adobado Marinade:
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cupe diced Pineapple
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Beer
- 1 cup Guajillo Chile Puree (3/4 oz Guajillo soaked in 1 cup of water, blended and strained)
- 1 cup Salad Oil
- 2 TB Pico Rivera Seasoning
- 1 TB Onion Powder
- 1 TB Garlic Powder
- 2 TB Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Dried Cilantro/ Coriander
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 TB Chopped Garlic
- 2 TB Achiote
- 2 TB Cumin
Preparation time 270mins
Cooking time 420mins
1. In a blender or food processor, add all marinade ingredients except the fresh diced pineapple and salad oil.
2. Start blender and drizzle in the salad oil.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the blended marinade and fold in the diced pineapple.
4. In a large container, roasting pan or plastic bag, place the turkey and liberally rub the marinade all over. Pour some marinade into the cavity. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
5. In a roasting pan, place the onion, celery, carrots, jalapenos, orange and pineapple.
6. Place the turkey on top of the vegetables and fruit mixture.
7. Add 4 cups chicken broth to bottom of pan.
8. Cover with plastic wrap then foil.
9. Place in 350 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours. Check temperature with thermometer. Should reach 150 degrees.
10. If it does not reach 150 degrees, cover and place back in the oven. Once desired temperature is reached, remove the plastic wrap and foil. Baste turkey with pan juices.
11. Place turkey back in oven until turkey is golden brown about 30 minutes.