Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
1. Place metal bowl and wire whisk beater or beaters in freezer to chill. Ask a question about this step.
2. In a small saucepan combine the powdered sugar and cornstarch whisk until mixed. Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup heavy cream whisk until smooth. Place on medium heat and stir constantly to prevent scorching at the bottom stir constantly until mixture thickens and almost comes to a boil. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and set aside stirring occasionally until it reaches room temperature. Ask a question about this step.
3. In the chilled bowl combine the remaining 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream and the vanilla beat with the chilled whisk of your stand mixer or your hand held mixer until the cream begins to hold shape. While still beating add the powdered sugar mixture a little at a time. Beat just until the mixture forms stiff peaks when the beater is raised and is spreadable, be careful not to overbeat. Use immediately. Ask a question about this step.