- 1 ( 10 1/2 ounce ) can Campbells French onion soup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 - 3 teaspoon worcestershire sauce to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup water
In a large bowl, mix together 1/3 cup french onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper.
Shape into 6 oval patties.
in a large skillet over medium high heat brown both sides of patties.
Pour off excess fat.
In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth.
Mix in ketchup, water, worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
Por over meat in skillet.
Cover , and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally