- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
Adapted from allrecipes.com
In a large Dutch oven, cook and stir the ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking the meat up as it cooks, until the meat is no longer pink and has started to brown, about 10 minutes. Skim off excess fat, and stir in the onions and garlic. Cook and stir the meat mixture until the onions are translucent, about 10 more minutes.
Stir in water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, and seasoned salt, and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the macaroni, cover, and simmer over low heat until the pasta is tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, and serve.