Prep time: 10 min., makes about 2 lbs.)
- 3 c. (18 0z) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 to 1 c. chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
1. Line 8 or 9 in. square pan with aluminum foil. Butter foil; set aside.
2. In heavy sauepan, melt chips with condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
3. Chill 2 hr until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off foil and cut into squares.
4. Store covered in refrigerator.
Marshmallow fudge: Omit nuts. Stir 2 TB butter in with vanilla. Fold in 2 cups miniature marshmallows. Proceed as above.
May wrap in color plastic wrap for festive gift.