Spicy Tofu Burritos
- 4 fat-free flour tortillas - (7" to 8" dia)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 12 ounces firm tofu crumbled
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño chili
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese - (abt 2 oz)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup thinly-sliced romaine lettuce - (packed)
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap tortillas in foil. Place in oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add cumin and turmeric; stir 30 seconds. Add tofu, bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic and sauté until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add cheese and stir until melted, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon tofu mixture down center of each tortilla, dividing tofu equally. Top with lettuce and cilantro. Squeeze juice from lime wedges over. Wrap tortilla around filling and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.