Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- MONGOLIAN SAUCE
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
Preparation time 10mins
Put chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
Whisk together all of the sauce and pour 1/2 cup over chicken. Refrigerate the rest of the sauce. Cook on low for 5 to 7 hours.
When chicken is tender, remove to a cutting board and shred.
Meanwhile, add reserved sauce to a small saucepan and whisk in 1 1/2 tablespoons constarch followed by all the liquid from the slow cooker. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until thickened. Add shredded chicken back to slow cooker along with thickened sauce . Toss to combine.
Let cook an additional 30 minutes on low to absorb sauce.