Calla Lily Tea Sandwiches
- 1 (5.2-ounce) package garlic and herbs cheese, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 48 slices white bread
- 2 carrots, peeled
- Garnish: green onion
Adapted from southernladymagazine.com
Makes about 4 dozen
1. In a small bowl, combine cheese, cream cheese, walnuts, red pepper, and black pepper. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
3. Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture on each bread round. Sprinkle center with paprika, and fold bottom of prepared bread round over, pinching end to seal. Cut small pieces of carrot, and place in center of each sandwich for flower stamen. Garnish with green onion tops to form stems, if desired.