Best-Ever Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 3 oz. Regular Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 Cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg (room temperature)
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cups All - Purpose Flour
Adapted from thegirlcreative.com
* Heat your oven to 375 degrees and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
* Place butter and cream cheese in your mixer bowl and beat for 1 minute.
* Beat in the sugar and baking powder.
* Add the egg and vanilla and 'Beat Until Fluffy.'
* Beat in the flour.
* Chill for 30 minutes for drop/roll cookies, one hour for cut-out cookies.
* Scoop by rounded teaspoon full and dredge drop cookies (roll balled cookies) in superfine sugar.
* Bake for 7 minutes.
* Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
* You'll get no less than 2 dozen dropped or rolled cookies out of this dough. The yield on cut-outs will depend on how big the shapes are (baking time remains the same).