Can use a combination of black beans and pinto beans .
Make at least 2 hours ahead. Very good if marinated over night. Server with corn chips or raw vegetables.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black eye peas...or substitute black beans
- 1 ( 28 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 , or more, minced jalapenos, to taste
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 ( 15oz.) can white kernel corn
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and marinate at least 2 hours, preferably over night. Taste and adjust vinegar and seasonings.