Local Portuguese Style Spaghetti
- 1 (16 oz.) package spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper, pinch of each
- 1/2 pound hot Portuguese sausage
- 1 can tomato soup, plus 1/2 can of water
- 1 (15 oz.) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 package spaghetti mix
- 2 teaspoons oregano
Adapted from ilovehawaiianfoodrecipes.com
Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss noodles with a little oil. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat oil and saute onions and garlic. Add ground beef, salt, pepper, and sausage. Cook until brown. Drain excess oil.
Next, add in tomato soup plus water, stewed tomatoes, spaghetti mix, and oregano. Turn heat to low and simmer for an hour.
Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles or toss together.