MEAT LOVERS BUBBLE UP PIZZA
Recipe type: Main meals
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 37 mins Total time: 57 mins
8sp or 8pp per serving
- 1 7.5 ounce can pillsbury biscuits, the one in the 4 value pack, you can always weigh out the larger packs if you can't find those.
- 1 lb raw extra lean ground beef
- 1 chicken sausage (I used Schneiders jalapeno, but any chicken sausage is fine)
- 20 slices pepperoni (the brand I buy is "Ziggy's" in Canada, 20 slices is 4sp)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (optional)
- 1 cup reduced fat pasta sauce
- 1- 7.5oz can pizza sauce
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 4 slices cooked low point bacon (I use Oscar Mayer center cut, 1sp per slice)
- 2/3 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
1-Cook your lean ground beef in a pan on the stove as well as your chicken sausage in a separate pan.
2-Cut your 10 small biscuits into 4 pieces each.
3-Drain your ground beef and stir in your pasta sauce, pizza sauce, red onion, seasoning and biscuit pieces.
4-Preheat oven to 350F.
5-Let meat mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
6-Slice your chicken sausage up into small round pieces.
7-Pour your ground beef mixture into a sprayed 9x13 casserole dish. Spread out evenly and make sure dough pieces are evened out.
8-Layer your pepperoni and chicken sausage pieces on top.
9-Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
10-Remove form oven and sprinkle your cheese on top then crumble your bacon.
11-Return to oven for 12 minutes.
12-Cool for 5 minutes and cut into 6 equal servings.
Each serving is 8 smart points (8pp)
Nutritional info, per serving .. Calories 306... Fat 8.7g... Saturated fat 2.8g... Carbs 26.9g... Fiber 2.6g... Sugars 7.7g... Protein 30.9g...
*Optional to add in peppers and mushrooms to the meat mixture.