- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter - (2 sticks) room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chips - (12 oz)
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix both flours and baking soda in medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until light. Beat in eggs, coffee powder and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown but still soft, about 9 minutes. Cool on sheets 2 minutes. Transfer to racks and cool.
This recipe yields about 4 1/2 dozen.