By Sharon T
These recipes are very, very close approximations, inspired by Chipotle — that I came to after testing, re-testing, and testing again.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 can chipotle en adobo, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oi
- The recipe is the same for steak with the exceptions of using Sirloin steak 1 1/2 lbs and 2 canned chipotle chile peppers in Adobo
Adapted from buzzfeed.com
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a large Ziploc bag or bowl and add chopped chipotles. Toss everything to coat the chicken evenly. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken on both sides until golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
Using tongs or a spatula, remove chicken and let cool for a few minutes.
Chop into bite-size pieces and return to skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring pretty frequently, until all the bits are kinda browned and coated in all that chipotle amazingness, about 4 minutes.
DO AHEAD: Chicken can be marinated 1 day ahead.