This lasagna is so easy to make, and with tons of melty cheese and buttery mashed potatoes, it’s the epitome of comfort food!
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 sweet onions,thinly sliced
- 2 cups cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, and set aside.
3. In a large skillet add onion, butter, salt, and pepper. Saute on medium heat until soft, about 10 minutes.
4. Place 4 lasagna noodles in an even layer on bottom of baking dish. Layer ½ of total mashed potatoes on top of noodles, followed by ½ of the sauteed onions, and ½ cup of cheese.
5. Repeat with another layer of lasagna noodles, remaining mashed potatoes, sauteed onions and ½ cup cheese.
6. Top lasagna with remaining 4 noodles and 1 cup cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve hot and enjoy!