- 2 pkg. (16 oz. each) hashbrowns, frozen or thawed
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 – 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Paprika, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bottom of a 9” x 13” pan layer the hashbrowns, ham, green onions and cheese. In a separate bowl combine the eggs, milk, salt, mustard, and cayenne pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the hashbrown mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake in preheated oven for 40 – 45 minutes until firm.
Experiment with different fillings like mushrooms, peppers, sausage, and ground beef. Just remember to adjust the cooking time if necessary.
I like to use spicy ground beef (Old El Paso Taco Seasoning), green onions, chopped tomatoes, and green chilies. Then I serve the casserole with salsa and sour cream