Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 Onion chopped, or 1 cup.
- 2 Cans (14.5 oz.each) fat free chicken broth
- 1 Can (14.5 oz.)diced tomatoes with chilies
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 4 small flour tortilla, cut into 1/2" wide strips
- 2 Tbls chopped fresh cilantro
In pot, heat 1 tbls. oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, 2–3 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes with their juices and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Cover over low heat, simmer 20 minutes, adding chicken during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbls oil over medium heat. Add tortilla strips in batches; cook turning, until golden, 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Remove soup from heat. Stir in cilantro. Serve garnished with tortilla strips and, if desired, diced avocado, shredded cheese and lime wedges.