Try this Brazilian Stroganoff recipe for dinner. This twist on traditional stroganoff is served on a bed of fluffy white rice. Your family will ask for more.
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 3/4tablespoon3/4 tablespoon smoked paprika
- DashDash cayenne
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1pound1 pound sirloin or tenderloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1cup1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1large1 large onion, diced
- 1cup1 cup beef stock
- 1/2tablespoon1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2cup1/2 cup tomato purée
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2cup1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Cooked white rice
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
Mix flour, smoked paprika, cayenne and salt In a large bowl and add meat. Mix around with your hands, making sure every piece of meat is coated with the seasoned flour mixture.
Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium-high; add mushrooms and cook until golden. Add seasoned meat and cook until barely browned, then stir in onion and cook until slightly golden.
Add beef stock and scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon or spatula. Let it come to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low.
Add Dijon mustard, tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce. Cook about 5 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in yogurt until well combined.
Serve over white rice, garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!