Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
A delicious gluten-free cupcake!
- For the cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips 73% cacao
- For the frosting:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips 73% cacao
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons of agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 to 2 cups powdered sugar
Adapted from wholefoodkids.blogspot.com
For the cupcakes:
1. With a hand mixer, combine peanut butter, agave and eggs.
2. Blend in baking soda and salt.
3. Fold in chocolate.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup-fulls into cupcake papers and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
For the frosting:
1. Over very low heat, melt together chocolate and oil.
2. Mix in agave nectar, vanilla and salt.
3. Place mixture in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
4. With a hand mixer, add in enough powdered sugar until frosting reaches desired consistency.
5. When cupcakes are cool, spread with frosting.