Root Beer Float Popsicles
Nostalgia on a stick!
- 4 cups root beer
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 8 maraschino cherries
Adapted from wholefoodkids.blogspot.com
1. Poor the root beer out into a bowl, then place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes. This will get it very cold and cut down on the ice cream melt factor. It will also release some of the carbonation.
2. Place one cherry into each mold, then fill Popsicle molds with about an inch of root beer.
3. Carefully lower in a scoop of vanilla ice cream into each Popsicle mold.
4. Slowly fill the remaining mold with root beer, then wipe away the foam.
5. Freeze for about 6 hours. To release from molds, run under cool water for a few seconds, then slowly pull the Popsicle out.