Pressure Cooker Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup of old fashioned (rolled) oats – 4 cups
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt – 1 tsp
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar – 1 tsp
- 3/4 cup of cold water – 3 cups
- 3/4 cup of milk - 3 cups
- 1 tablespoon butter - 4 Tablespoons
Adapted from foodchannel.com
Mix all ingredients together, topping with butter. Set pressure for 2 minutes for instant oats and 5 minutes for stone cut oats. Use a quick release of pressure.
When the unit unlocks the lid, remove it, holding the back edge up at an angle so any hot water there drops back into the pot. Turn the pressure cooker off, and remove the inner pot from the unit. Oatmeal can be served plain, with raisins mixed it, or a sprinkling of brown sugar or maple syrup on top
Stir the oatmeal again immediately before service and spoon it into bowls.