Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped, melted, warm
- 1/2 cup whole milk
Adapted from epicurious.com
Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in medium bowl. Add egg, sugar, salt, and vanilla and beat until almost smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line standard muffin pan with 12 paper liners. Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs. Stir in vanilla and chocolate; beat at high speed 5 seconds. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk. Beat on high for 5 seconds to blend. Divide batter among cups, filling 1/3 full. Using tablespoon, hollow out center of each cupcake. Place 1 heaping tablespoonful cream cheese filling in each center.
2. Bake cupcakes until toothpick inserted into center (but not cream cheese filling) comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan; cool completely on rack.